- Key Features
- AMC I/O Module, Single-module, Mid-size
- Quad Gigabit Ethernet on RJ-45 ports
- Intel 82571EB Ethernet controller
- Remote management via IPMI v1.5
- Virtual LANs 802.3q VLAN tagging
- 0 to +55°C operating
The Kontron AM4301 Quad GbE module is the ideal AdvancedMC unit for network applications that require multiple ports directly from an AdvancedTCA processor blade.
The AM4301 features 4 x 10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T ports, each providing dedicated Input/Output (I/O) bandwidth of PCIe x4, x2 and x1 links for maximum performance.
Built with the Intel 82571EB Gigabit Controller, the AM4301 delivers expanded bandwidth for slot-constrained AdvancedTCA systems and, as a hot-swappable, field replaceable unit (FRU), it also follows the same stringent carrier grade RASM feature set, namely - Reliability, Availability, Serviceability, Maintainability.
The AM4301 supports remote management via IPMI v1.5, and features a Management Controller that is run-time field reprogrammable without any payload impact.
|Function||Optimized transmit queues|
IEEE 802.3x compliant fl ow control
Caches up to 64 packet descriptions
Separate transmit queues per port
Support for transmission and reception of packets up to 9 Kbytes
IEEE 802.3ab PHY compliance and compatibility
Transmit and receive IP, TCP and UDP checksum offloading capabilities
IEEE 802.1q VLAN support with VLAN tag insertion stripping and packet fi ltering for up to 4096 VLAN tags
9Kbytes jumbo frame support
|Interface(s)||Four (4) 10/100/1000 Base-T connection provided on four (4) RJ-45 connectors|
|Controller(s)||Intel 82571EB Ethernet Controller|
• Management Controller compliant to PICMG 3.0, AMC.0 and IPMI v1.5 rev 1.1.
• Management Controller is run time fi eld reprogrammable without payload impact.
• Robust fail safe reprogrammation implementation (which includes two firmware images) that could perform automatic or manual rollback if a problem occurs during critical reprogramation phase.
• Remote upgrade capability from all IPMI interfaces (via IPMB)
• Management Controller self test which can detect failure under its code integrity and trig an automatic rollback.
|Expansion||AMC.0 R2.0 / AMC.1 R1.0|
|Electrical||Management power is less than 150 mA|
Payload power < 15W
|Mechanical||181.5 x 75 x 19 mm, Mid-Size; 181.5 x 75 x 30.16 mm, Full-Size|
|Software||RedHat Linux Enterprise 4, 5|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 to +55°C|
Non-operating: -40 to +70°C
|Humidity||Operating: 5%-93% non-condensing @55°C non condensing|
Non-operating: 5%-93% non-condensing @40°C non condensing
|Altitude||Operating: to 4,000 m |
Non-operating: to 14,000 m
|Vibration||5-500Hz. 1G, each axis Operating|
5-50Hz, 2G; 50-500Hz, 3G each axis Storage and Transit
|Shock||30G, half-sine 11ms each axis Operating|
Belcore GR-63-CORE Section 4.3 Storage and Transit
|MTBF||> 566 000 hours @ 40 C / 104 F (Telcordia SR-332, Issue 1)|
|Safety/Certification||Safety: UL60950 3rd ED.; CSA C22.2 Ho 60950-00; EN 60950:2000; IEC60950-1|
|EMC||EMI/EMC: FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Class B; CE Mark to EN55022/EN55024|