The Kontron AM4520 AdvancedMC SAS module is the ideal high performance, highly reliable storage media for open modular communications solutions that need to achieve higher IOPs (input/output per second) performance in space-constrained network infrastructures. Available in either Mid-Size or Full-Size formfactors, the Kontron AM4520 SAS module offers up to 146 GByte storage capacity.
Built in accordance to the AMC.0* and AMC.3 specifications, the AM4520 features a 10,000 rpm spindle plus the industry’s highest reliability of 1.4M hours MTBF.
As a hot-swappable field replaceable unit (FRU), the AM4520 also follows the same stringent carrier grade RASM feature set, namely - Reliability, Availability, Serviceability, Maintainability. When integrated with AdvancedTCA platforms, the AM4520 SAS module helps conserve valuable system AdvancedTCA system slots, ensuring greater economies of scale and reduced OPEX.
• Management Controller compliant to PICMG 3.0, AMC.0 and IPMI v1.5 rev 1.1.
• Management Controller is run time field reprogrammable without payload impact
• Robust fail safe reprogrammation implementation (which includes two firmware images) that could perform automatic or manual rollback if a problem occurs during critical reprogramation phase
• Remote upgrade capability from all IPMI interfaces (via IPMB)
• Management Controller self test, which can detect failure under its code integrity and trigger an automatic rollback
|Model Info||SAS HDD|
Rotational speed: 10 000 RPM
|Capacity||Storage capacity: 146GB & 600GB|
|Performance||Data transfer to/from host: 300 MBytes/sec|
Seek time Track to Track: 0.2 ms typ.
Average: 4.1 ms typ. (read), 4.5 ms typ. (write)
Maximum: 8.1 ms typ.
Average latency: 3 msec
|Data Security||Not supported|
|Other||Hardware system monitor through IPMI (voltage, currents, temperature), temperature monitor / alarm board temperature sensor, power failure|
|Expansion||AMC.0 R2.0*; AMC.3 R1.0|
* Mid-Size version height exceeds component envelope as outlined in the AMC.0 R 2.0 specification
|Electrical||Management power is less than 100 mA peak at 3.3V|
Payload power is 2A peak and 1A normal operation
|Mechanical||181.5 x 75 x 30.16 mm, Full-Size; 181.5 x 75 x 18.96 mm, Mid-Size|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 to +55°C at air flow: 20 CFM,|
Non-operating: -40 to +70°C
|Humidity||Operating: 15% to 90% @°C non-condensing|
Storage&Transit: 5% to 95% @ 40°C non-condensing
|Altitude||Operating: 4,000 m / 13,123 ft|
Storage and Transit: 15,000 m / 49,212 ft
|Vibration||Operating: 1.0G, 5-500Hz each axis|
Storage and Transit: 0.5G, 5-50Hz; 3.0G, 50-500Hz each axis
|Shock||Operating: 30G, half-sine 11ms, each axis|
Storage and Transit: Bellcore GR-63-CORE Section 4.3
|MTBF||> 895 000 hours @ 40°C / 104°F (Telcordia SR-332, Issue1)|
|Safety/Certification||UL 60950-1; CSA C22.2 No 60950-1-03; EN 60950-1:2001; IEC60950-1|
|EMC||FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Class B; CE Mark to EN55022/EN55024/EN300386|