The Kontron AT8910 is a second-generation 10GbE switch that supports a wide range of Core, Metro and Carrier Data Center infrastructure applications that require versatile and full wire-line switching performance. Based on Broadcom switching silicon that delivers 320Gps switching capacity on the fabric interface, the AT8910 is also integrated with FASTPATH software featuring a L2, QoS, IPv4 routing/MC and IPv6 routing/multicast module for base and fabric interfaces to develop advanced Layer 2/3/4+ network products.
Kontron also developed several new software feature extensions that include, among others: enhanced Multicast support; provisioning / configuration options; Layer 2 same port bridging; Telecom clocking; IPinIP tunnelling; customizable FASTPATH web interface; and, Hardware Monitoring/Management of local and remote sensors and IPMI information.
The AT8910 has been validated to support Wind River Hypervisor running Wind River Linux as guest OSs on each core of the blade’s dual-core unit processor. Kontron also consolidated System Management functions onto the switch with an optional COMexpress IA-based module.
For rear system access the AT8910 is compatible with the RTM8940 Rear Transition Module, which provides up to 80Gbps uplink capability on the Fabric Interface:
- 2x QSFP configured as 8x 10G uplinks using 2 active copper cables; or,
- 1x QSFP configured as 4x 10G using 1 active copper cable, plus 4x SFP+ uplinks;
- Telco clocking is standard;
- Option to remove the QSFP uplinks and/or Telco clocking is available on demand.
The RTM8940 supports 2x SFP 1 GbE uplinks on Base Interface:
- 1000Base-SX/LX Optical Modules;
- 10/100/1000Base-T Copper Module.
Master Clock Generator with Stratum 3 accuracy and SyncE support:
- 2x ETSI T3 E1/T1 BITS input/outputs;
- 2x ETSI T4 E1/T1 Upstream/Downstream Chassis Clock Support;
- ATCA Synchronisation Clock Support CLK1 A/B, CLK2 A/B, CLK3 A/B;
- Clock Synchronisation to MCG of redundant HUB/RTM.