The CanTainer is a rugged PC/104 enclosure system constructed of .125" aluminum and designed for hostile and mobile environments. It features a dual system of shock and vibration isolation: The PC/104 modules are mounted axially in the enclosure with four internal rubber corner rails to absorb high-frequency vibrations, while the entire enclosure is mounted on the host platform with a thick rubber pad which absorbs low-frequency G-forces. The rubber pad may be removed for optional mounting solutions such as hard mounting, flange endcap, or fluidic mount assembly.
The CanTainer enclosure cross section measures 6.00" wide by 5.45" high (not including mounting pad) and is designed to mount PC/104 boards axially along the entire length of the enclosure body. The enclosure is available in standard lengths from 2" and 12" with custom lengths up to 48".
To mount non PC/104 boards or items such as hard drives that are larger than 3.550" x 3.775", there is an optional septum plate. These install vertically into rails that run the length of the enclosure. For smaller items, an optional PC/104-size aluminum plate allows for direct mounting in the PC/104 stack. Each CanTainer is available as a kit with mounting accessories. Blank and pre-designed endcaps are available separately, or the customer may design their own cutouts using one of our CanTainer endcap templates. These rugged enclosures have been protecting PC104 systems all over the world in the harshest environments the mining, transportation, military, and aerospace industries have to offer.
- The CT104 CanTainer is a rugged anodized aluminum PC/104 enclosure designed for harsh environments.
- With an isolating shock mount and an internal stack vibration mount, the CT104 provides maximum protection from high frequency vibrations and low frequency G-forces.
- Internal rubber corners guides allow for easy insertion of PC/104 modules.
- Custom sizes and end caps available.
- Standard 2", 4", 6", 8", 10" and 12" sizes
- Dual system of isolating and absorbing shock
- Corner guides, rubber stops, glue, end cap screws
- Protects and enhances the reliability of PC/104 components
Custom Endcaps For The Can-Tainer
Tri-M understand that their customers have different needs for the I/O endcaps. Therefore, they will produce customized and OEM versions of the Can-Tainer to meet your application. Simply modify the standard endcap drawings below, available in PDF, DWG, and DXF, and send it back to us.
Endcaps With No Openings
Endcaps With 4x DB9 and 2x DB25