Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Driven by ThingMagics powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra-EX’s Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Wi-Fi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and offers full support for ThingMagic’s enterprise-class MercuryAPI software.
Astra features include:
- High performance, EPCglobal Generation 2.0 (ISO 18000-6C) support with anti-collision, Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- WiFi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise WiFi networks. Supports enterprise WiFi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- Integrated 865-956 MHz circularly-polarized antenna with 6 dBiL gain and 65° beamwidth.
- ThingMagic's MercuryOS software, for application development, network management and security.
- 16MB of flash and 32MB of RAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- Read rate over 400 tags per second.
- An external antenna port for an additional antenna.
- An easy to use Development Kit for customized applications, settings, deployments and management.
- A small form factor (10.2"H x 10.2"W x 3"D).
The Mercury DevKit for ThingMagic fixed/finished UHF RFID readers contains all the components necessary to begin reading and writing RFID tags and developing RFID-enabled applications. A powerful application programming interface (MercuryAPI) provides code examples, a graphical read-write demo program, and delivers a consistent programmatic interface for development with all ThingMagic fixed and embedded reader products.
Development Kits are reader specific. Individual DevKits must be purchased for each ThingMagic reader type.