Mercury5e is the embedded version of the RFID core in ThingMagic’s best-in-class Mercury5 UHF RFID reader. About the same size as a PCMCIA Type II PC card, this RFID reader module concentrates Mercury5’s performance into a tiny package so you can design ThingMagic RFID into your own device. This RFID module is ideal for adding UHF RFID read/write capabilities to a wide range of devices, from high speed label printing to inline testing to mobile and handheld computers.
Features of the Mercury5e RFID reader module include:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) tag protocol with anti-collision, DRM, and advanced anti-jamming capabilities
- Two antenna connectors supporting one bistatic antenna or two monostatic antennas
- Independently settable read and write transmit levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm (1W) with an accuracy of +/- 1 dBm
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Certifiable for operation in countries adopting FCC, ETSI and Korean regulatory specifications (others pending)
- TTL level asynchronous data interface supporting speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Operating temperature range of -20 C to +60 C
- Maximum tag read rate of over 170 tags per second
- Maximum tag read distance of over 30 feet (9 m) with 6 dBi antenna
- 4 GPIO lines controlled through data interface
The Mercury DevKit for ThingMagic UHF RFID modules contains all the components necessary to begin reading and writing RFID tags and developing RFID-enabled applications. A powerful application programming interface (MercuryAPI) provides code examples, a graphical read-write demo program, and delivers a consistent programmatic interface for development with all ThingMagic fixed and embedded reader products
Development Kits are module specific. Individual DevKits must be purchased for each ThingMagic module type. A single module is included with each DevKit purchase.