High performance and versatility are trademarks of the Xtreme/104 PC/104 serial card family. Now the Xtreme/104-Plus offers more choice for your embedded applications requiring a small footprint, but fast data transfer rates. The Xtreme/104-Plus is available with 4 or 8 high speed asynchronous RS-232/422/485 ports, 8 selectable RS-232/422/485/TTL ports, or choose 2 or 4 dedicated RS-423 ports.
High performance UARTs provide each port with large data buffering capabilities, and each port on the switchable models can be configured for electrical interface, baud rate, parity, data and stop bits independently. The Xtreme/104-Plus is the perfect combination of flexibility, high performance and cost-effectiveness.
Features and Benefits
- Flexibility: 2, 4 or 8 asynchronous serial ports. 2 and 4 ports available in dedicated RS-423, 4/8 ports available in switchable RS-232/422/485 and now, 8 ports in switchable RS-232/422/485/TTL.
- Speed: Data transfer speeds range from 50 bps to 1.8432 Mbps.
- Performance: Each port is controlled by a high performance UART, providing 64 bytes of transmit and receive FIFO buffers.
- Adaptability: Supports three RS-485 modes: Full Duplex, Half Duplex and Multi-drop. (TTL models supports Full Duplex only.)
- Ruggedness: Operates within a temperature range of -40 degrees Celsius to 85 degrees Celsius (-40°F to 185°F).