M5e-Compact is the smallest ThingMagic Mercury RFID embedded reader - about the same size as a compact flash card. It is ideal for adding UHF RFID read/write capabilities to battery-powered mobile printers and hand-held readers, where small size and low power consumption are essential and where the higher RF power and advanced anti-jamming capabilities of the Mercury5e module are not required.
Features of the Mercury5e RFID reader module include:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) tag protocol with anti-collision, and DRM capabilities
- One antenna port supporting a monostatic antenna
- Independently settable read and write transmit level, adjustable from 10 dBm to 23 dBm with an accuracy of +/- 1 dBm
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Certifiable for operation in countries adopting FCC, ETSI and Korean regulatory specifications (others pending)
- TTL level asynchronous data interface supporting speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Operating temperature range of -20 C to +60 C
- Maximum tag read rate of over 160 tags per second
- Maximum tag read distance of over 20 feet (6 m) with 12 dBi antenna
- 4 GPIO lines controlled through data interface
The Mercury DevKit for ThingMagic UHF RFID modules contains all the components necessary to begin reading and writing RFID tags and developing RFID-enabled applications. A powerful application programming interface (MercuryAPI) provides code examples, a graphical read-write demo program, and delivers a consistent programmatic interface for development with all ThingMagic fixed and embedded reader products
Development Kits are module specific. Individual DevKits must be purchased for each ThingMagic module type. A single module is included with each DevKit purchase.