The BC50I is a fanless, maintenance-free box computer that has been designed for independent use or as display computer electronics for use in industrial applications, e.g. for machine control, surveillance or commercial vehicles or robotics.
It is powered by an AMD Embedded G-Series APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), the T48N, running at 1.4 GHz. The G-Series combines low-power CPUs and advanced GPUs, in this case an AMD Radeon™ HD 6310, into a single embedded device.
The use of the Embedded G-Series makes for high scalability in CPU (single/dual core) and graphics performance (various Radeon™ GPUs or none at all).
The BC50I is equipped with 2 GB of DDR3 SDRAM and offers SD card and mSATA slots. A SATA hard-disk/solid-state drive can be installed within the housing as an option.
The system is designed for fanless operation at temperatures from -40 to +70°C, its special aluminum housing with cooling fins serves as a heat sink for the internal electronics and in this way provides conduction cooling.
The BC50I supports up to two DisplayPort® interfaces with a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 each. The DisplayPort® interfaces and all other I/O are available at the unit's front panel on standard connectors like USB, 9-pin D-Sub (optional serial I/O), RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet) and DisplayPort®.
On the inside, the system offers one PCI Express® Mini card slot with a SIM card slot. The necessary antenna connectors can be made available at the front panel.
The BC50I comes with its own integrated 24 VDC nom. (16 to 36 V) power supply.
The combination of the various CPU/GPU options with the available selection of external interfaces (realized via separate graphics and I/O interface boards within the system) makes for an extremely flexible system design that can quickly be tailored to a vast number of applications.
Webinar: Rugged and Modular Box PC Family
AMD Embedded G-Series T48N
• 1.4 GHz processor core frequency
• 1066 MT/s DDR3 Speed
• Accelerated Processing Unit (APU), also includes GPU (see Graphics)
• 64 KB L1 and 512 KB L2 cache
AMD Radeon™ HD 6310
• Dual independent display support
• Dual DisplayPort®
• Maximum resolution: 2560x1600
• Embedded in T48N APU
3D Graphics Acceleration
• Full DirectX® 11 support, including full speed 32-bit floating point per component operations
• Shader Model 5
• OpenCL™ 1.1 support
• OpenGL® 4.0 support
Motion Video Acceleration
• Dedicated hardware (UVD 3) for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG2 decoding
• HD HQV and SD HQV support: noise removal, detail enhancement, color enhancement, cadence detection, sharpness, and advanced de-interlacing
• Super up-conversion for SD to HD resolutions
2 Gigabit Ethernet via RJ45 connectors
One SD card slot
• Via USB
One mSATA slot
• SATA Revision 3.x support
• Transfer rates up to 600 MB/s (6 Gbit/s)
Serial ATA (SATA)
• One port for hard-disk/solid-state drive mounted within the unit's housing
• SATA Revision 2.x support
• Transfer rates up to 300 MB/s (3 Gbit/s)
1 PCI Express® Mini Card slot , for functions such as
• Mobile service standards: GSM (2G), UMTS (3G), LTE (4G) and derivates
• Wireless communication: WLAN / WiFi IEEE 802.11 and derivates
• Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
1 SIM card slot
PCI Express® and USB interface
2 DisplayPort® 1.1a interfaces
• AUX channels and hot plug detection
2 Gigabit Ethernet
• Via RJ45 connectors
2 USB 2.0
• Via Series A connector
2 SA-Adapter slots for serial I/O
• RS232, RS485, RS422, IBIS or GPS possible on both slots
• SGPIO switchable by software on one slot
• CAN bus optional on one slot
• 4 for Ethernet link and activity status
• 2 user LEDs
• 1 status LED
• 1 power OK LED
Real-Time Clock: Buffered by Gold Cap for up to 12 h, 72 h as an option
• 24 VDC nom. (16 to 36 V)
Power consumption: up to 35 W (with PCI Express® Mini Card)
Dimensions: approx. 250 mm x 220 mm x 44.1 mm
Weight: 1.8 kg
Front protected according to IP20
Temperature range (operation): -40 to +70°C, fanless operation
Temperature range (operation): -40 to +85°C
Need storage and/or I/O cards added? Need an operating system or your own software image loaded? We can help with that. We have a team of qualified and experienced engineers who can quickly accomplish this. Please contact us for further details.